Free Quote
Free Quote
Free Quote

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is your turnaround times? 9. What type of signage requires a permit?
2. What forms of payment do you accept? 10. What is the permit process?
3. How can signage from Sunbelt Signage help my business? 11. Will I need a permit? If so,who handles the permits?
4. How do I submit artwork/files? 12. How long will my sign last?
5. What resolution is acceptable for artwork submitted? 13. Can I approve the signage before it is made?
6. What is DPI? 14. Will you install the signs?
7. What is the difference between vector and bitmap images and which is better? 15. What does it mean to be "Licensed and Insured"?
8. Do I need a sign permit?  

What is your turnaround times?
The turnaround time for your signage varies based on you specific needs. We warehouse material in our facility which enables us to begin working on your custom made signs immediately. On average, signage is turned around in one week however if you need more immediate attention, we can provide you with RUSH SERVICE. Please note, electrical signs such as neon signs, lighted signs & backlit signs and signage requiring permit(s) will require a longer turnaround.

What forms of payment do you accept?
Sunbelt Signage accepts all major credit cards as well as cash,checks and money orders. If you are unsure about a specific form of payment,please call us at 407-256-1000

How can a sign from Sunbelt Signage help my business?
Your professional image is one of the most important aspects of how customers and prospects identify you. Signage is the #1 indicator of how people identify you (most people make decisions based on the aesthetic of your corporate image). Signs are the most cost-efficient means of advertising and provide immediate-response direct marketing. Call today and let us build you a sign.

How do I submit artwork/ files?
We work with most professional design applications including CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator,etc. You can upload files with our FREE quote form, or if the file is too large you can mail a CD to the following address: 113 Bridgeway Circle / Longwood, FL 32779

What resolution is acceptable for artwork submitted?
Resolution: This is the density of dots in a raster graphics or image. Usually displayed as ppi (pixels per inch). Clarity of a raster image is dependant on the resolution, the higher the resolution the better the image, typically. Monitors display images at 72 PPI, but to achieve high quality 300 PPI is needed for print. Once an image is changed to a lower PPI setting, increasing this number does not bring the quality back. Once reduced, image information is lost although tricks do exist in increasing quality from smaller images with varied results.

What is DPI?
DPI is the standard of measurement for the resolution of images that describes the number of dots per inch (DPI) that are used to create an image.The higher the DPI,the higher the resolution which translates to better quality of your final product.

What is the difference between vector and bitmap images and which is better?
Vector Graphics: Vector images (or graphics) are also called object oriented graphics. The art is constructed of points, lines, curves, shapes and are infinitely scalable with no loss of clarity. Vector graphics are made in programs such as Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw. Due to the fact that they are scalable, they are the preferred file type when producing your images. Typically file types are as follows: .ai, .cdr, .eps, .fs. These files can contain both vector and raster images. Raster Graphics: Images that are pixel based are called raster images, basically photos, pictures etc. Raster images have thousands of little dots of different colors to create an image. These images can be enlarged but will pixelate (become ragged, blurry, or distorted). Raster images are made in programs such as Adobe Photoshop and CorelPaint. Typically file types are as follows: .tiff, .jpg, .bmp, .gif.

Do I need a sign permit?
Yes. State and Federal regulations and laws require permits for all exterior signs. From state to state and city to city the regulations may vary.

What type of signage require permits?
Sign regulations vary from city to city but for the most part all signs permanent and temporary require permits.

What is the permit process?
There is usually a planning and building department that will need to review and approve the plans submitted. The planning department will review first and decide if the zoning allows for a sign and if the sign will fit within the community. The planning department is sometimes called zoning department or community development. The building department then reviews the plans for safety and code compliance. This includes engineering and energy efficiency if illuminated as in neon signs, lighted signs and backlit signs. If everything is code compliant then it will be very quick.

Who handles the permits?
Getting a permit can be tedious and time-consuming. We have a team dedicated to handling this for you. As a state licensed, regulated and insured sign shop, Sunbelt Signage can handle all aspects of permitting in the state of Florida.

How long will my sign last?
We use materials suited to specific applications based on your needs. Every job is custom designed to meet your requirements which means we can make signage to last as long as you need it to. In addition, we use only top quality materials that are guaranteed by the manufacturer for resilience and durability to offer you a stress-free solution.

Can I approve the signage before it is made?
Absolutely. Before we begin production, we need to confirm your approval of the artwork and/or content. Once you are satisfied, we begin producing your signage.

Will you install signs?
Sunbelt Signage will install your signage. We handle all permitting and can even install signs or repair your neon signs as well as many other type of signage. Sometimes the best solution is repairing an existing sign rather than creating a new one. It is more cost-effective and usually quicker than recreating or making a brand new sign from scratch. We can repair your sign no matter if we made it or someone else did. Call us today to see we can save your sign 407-256-1000.

What does it mean to be "Licensed and Insured"?
As with most professional industries, the sign industry is governed by a state professional licensing department. Just like a doctor, lawyer, or general contractor, a sign company must obtain a state contractors license. To obtain this license requires a certain amount of years experience and a series of exams. It also requires that proper and sufficient insurance is maintained as well as up to date training. Many sign shops do not ever obtain state licensing. What does this mean to you? Just like you would not hire a contractor to build your house unless he was licensed or have a doctor work on you that isn't licensed, you shouldn't hire a sign company that isn't licensed. It could result in some very bad consequences. What if they drop something on a car, or even a person while on your property. Who is responsible? Most cities will not grant a sign permit to un-licensed companies.

Where are your Outdoor Signage services available?
We are located in Central Florida and provide outdoor signage services in areas including Orlando, Altamonte Springs, Winter Park, Lake Buena Vista, & Kissimmee as well as others. Contact us today to find out what we can do for you in your area.

Tell me about Vinyl Banners
The various types of banners include Digitally Printed Banners, Vinyl Banners, Screen Printed Banners and Painted Banners. The most commonly used material for banners is vinyl and the material can range in weight from 9 ounces to 22 ounces per square yard.

Does Sunbelt Signage provide Signage Installation
Yes, our sign installation crew can install signs such as neon signs, specialty signs, custom signs, backlit signs, acrylic signs, billboard signs, sandblasted signs, business signs and architectural signs. Contact Sunbelt Signage today to find out how we can help you with our installation services.

Questions about your Billboard project
If you can't find the answer to your question on our web site regarding billboard or other outdoor signage, use our contact form to submit other questions. A billboard is large outdoor signage, typically found in high traffic areas such as alongside busy roads. Billboards present large advertisements to passing pedestrians and drivers.

Why Vehicle Wraps?
Are you interested in vehicle graphics and vehicle wraps? Vehicle graphics, vehicle wraps and magnetic vehicle signs are the most cost effective way to tell others about your business, service, or interests. Car wraps & car graphics allow you to advertise your business every time you drive.

What are Specialty Signs?
Specialty signs can include a variety of signs like outdoor signs, acrylic signs, office signs, wayfinding signs, lighted signs, interior signage and more. If you have more questions about specialty signs please feel free to submit our contact form.

Do you offer Digital Printing?
Yes, digital printing is a convenient printing method in sign manufacturing. Digital printing can be used for a variety of signage including tradeshow displays, presentation graphics, vinyl banners, commercial signage, business sign, interior signage, office signs, etc.

Where might I use Magnetic Signs?
Magnetic signs are often found as interior signage for use as office signage and way finding signs, but they are increasingly used for vehicle graphics and magnetic vehicle signs. If you're looking for signage for your kiosk, magnetic signs are a great way to bring attention to your kiosks products or services.

Are Neon Signs & Lighted Signs right for my needs?
A neon sign can be effective as outdoor signage or interior signage. Neon signs and lighted signs create a vibrant, eye catching presence for your establishment. We can also create custom backlit signs at your request. Lighted signs are popular for use with commercial signage like business signs, monument sign, wayfinding signs, LED signs, pylon sign and even signage for your kiosk.

What are Yard Signs
Sunbelt Signage specializes in several variations of outdoor signage, one of which is yard signs. Yard signs include signage like real estate billboards and for sale signage as well as other forms of outdoor signage.

What are ADA Signs?
ADA stands for "Americans with Disabilities Act" and when used in the sign manufacturing industry it relates to signage with braille or raised characters. We believe that communication should be available for all to see, hear or touch. That's why we have services available for creating ADA signs.

Do you offer Tradeshow Displays services?
We do. If you have an event approaching that requires digital signage, screen printing, vinyl signs, specialty signs, or other custom made signs we are capable of creating the signage that will help your tradeshow or event become a success. If you're looking for tradeshow displays or tradeshow signage, Sunbelt Signage can help.

Do you offer Custom Made Signs?
Yes, Sunbelt Signage is a Central Florida sign manufacturer specializing in custom signs providing a variety of signage solutions. We can create custom signage of all types including vinyl banners, outdoor signage, vehicle wraps, neon signs, billboards, digital signage, tradeshow displays, duratrans and more.

What are Duratrans?
Duratrans stands for "Durable Transparency" & they are backlit display prints often used on television and theater sets. These specialty signs serve as a large graphic which is placed behind performers and hosts on the set.



Think Agency